Legenda 23: Stuff worth reading
[Legenda offers a brief, non-inclusive index of stuff I noticed and enjoyed since the last episode. It doesn't usually include materials presented on the major fansites, which I love dearly, but which are linked in the sidebar. Because I always forget or just miss stuff, please add additional pieces of interest via link in the comments.]
I feel like writing about Richard Armitage has really taken off. A year ago I did a post like this every month or so; now if I don’t do one a week I feel like I am behind on my reading! This documentary aspect of the whole thing has really become unexpectedly archival / professorial.
- So, it’s National Poetry month in the U.S. and jazzbaby1 has devoted her blog entirely to poetry — not familiar poetry, but the kind that is performed in public. I admit that I love poetry but usually older stuff. However, I may be being converted to contemporary poetry. In particular, I loved the way she set up Sylvia Plath against Ted Hughes, and this one, as well.
- Would you have Richard Armitage’s signature tattooed on your arm?
- khandy FINALLY updates “Absolution,” her Porter story with an OC. Not that I was desperate or anything. Oh, no, not me.
- This Spooks fanfic: “A Host of Low Truths,” has now been recommended to me twice, and I’ve been distracted from reading twice, but I want to say that I love the first three chapters.
- frencharmitagearmy continues her discussion of Lucas. This is turning out to be one of my favorite blogs. There’s lots of other good stuff here, a conversation about Armitage’s styling issues that made me grin, for instance. Click around and see what there is to enjoy!
Also at the frencharmitagearmy:At April’s Violet: A sweet fan encounter with James McAvoy. (In French.) Emphasis on the sweet. Also, Armitage admires McAvoy, if I recall correctly.
- At Heirs of Durin: Something I’d never considered: they have this fancy-schmancy filming technique but do theatres have the equipment to show it? And a followup. Still not exactly sure where I’ll be seeing it!
- At Do I Have a Blog? Little John Standring’s new friend.
- Cat’s dragon has it for Armitage!
- Hazel Osmond channels Thornton and Guy at Fly High!
- “Cruelle splendeur” continues at April’s Violet (GoG fanfic in French).
- Fan interview at Frenz’s. Also, Frenz says she is not jealous.
- How Richard Armitage changed Phylly3!
- bccmee’s Richard Armitage flags project, finished. She also has a new collaborative project underway. She’s probably the most inclusive person I know!
- Pinup’s first RAdmiration anniversary.
- Which of the Seven Dwarfs would Thorin be? This is really a perfect exploitation of that particular screencap.
- A new blog has appeared as the home for a fanfic that purports to cover the stories of the Erebor exiles.
- Zelda is back!
And the fanvids — what are the good ones you’re seeing? Please put links in the comments!
[ETA: There are fanvid recs in the comments!]