Legenda 29: Stuff worth reading
[Legenda offers a brief, non-inclusive index of stuff I noticed and enjoyed since the last episode. It doesn't usually include materials presented on the major fansites, which I love dearly, but which are linked in the sidebar. Because I always forget or just miss stuff, please add additional pieces of interest via link in the comments.]
On a personal note: thank G-d for summer camps and the people who give their time to operate them!
I understand from the organizers that the North & South global rewatch was a big success! As a consequence the rewatching will continue. June 29th is the next scheduled event with Vicar of Dibley as the feature. More information, as always, at Armitage Watch.
- First and foremost: SFR is back!!!!!!! With the promised New Zealand adventure. I miss your lightheartedness, Natalie, and hope all is well.
- Excellent piece on leather as symbolic garb for Guy of Gisborne at La Loba: Underneath Your Clothes.
- At CDoart, a followup response on my last pessimistic remarks on work as a theme in North & South.
- At I Want to be a Pinup: Richard Armitage and Belstaff. And: is he wearing flipflops in his free time now?
- Two new Armitage dreams.
- The Curious Cat (alert: new blog!) decides to try Pilsner Urquell based on Armitage’s commercial. Hmmmm. You can see my reaction to this attempt in the comments there.
- Love Letter to Mr. Thornton at April’s Violet (French). Letters to Guy: one and two.
- Armitage mosaics!
- Chocolate top hats and Mr. Thornton.
- A beautiful poem by another Armitage in a post about collateral attractions. Besides the beauty of this poem I found the post funny just because I typed “Richard Armitage” into my public library catalog again this week, and discovered a novel with a character named “Richard Armitage” who is actually a famous historian! (Loved that; thank you, Simon Hazard.)
- Linked at RAFRenzy to a new blog, with a post on Life Lessons from Middle Earth.
- Info about a Hobbit tie-in videogame for the fall at Heirs of Durin. Wonder if my Armitagemania will extend this far? I did, I confess, pre-order some Thorin / Hobbit kitsch last week.
- bcc recommends a new N&S fanvid: xqa588_john-thornton-is-not-from-here-north-south_shortfilms
On the fanfic front:
- kleindog’s “Grant What I Wish” has a new epilogue — and presages a sequel! (Guy of Gisborne). Warning: severe cliffhanger.
- Saralee added the final chapter to “When Thorin met Tauriel” and composed a ficlet, “Young Thorin in Love.”
- A new N&S fanfic: JulieWhatev’s “Of Love and Family.”
- khandy updates her new Thorin / Hobbit fanfic, “Birth of a Legend.”
- “The Sage of Vaenomar” goes into chapter 10.
- You knew it was coming: hot Thorin slash! Warning: explicit. Warning: if you don’t know what slash is, read this definition before clicking on the link. I love it, but you may not (and that’s just fine).
- Nietzsche recommends Genevastar’s “The Untold Story,” missing scenes from Spooks 7. I haven’t read this but at 50k words, it is just the kind of thing that I’m looking for.
OT in Armitageworld: