Legenda 30: Stuff worth reading
[Legenda offers a brief, non-inclusive index of stuff I noticed and enjoyed since the last episode. It doesn't usually include materials presented on the major fansites, which I love dearly, but which are linked in the sidebar. Because I always forget or just miss stuff, please add additional pieces of interest via link in the comments.]
- Best news of the week: Judiang is doing better and ready to start blogging again. No pressure!
- Second best news of the week: Angie’s going to Comic-Con! And: she would appreciate your help.
- I only just saw this now: but someone else is using Richard Armitage as muse. Yay! and welcome.
- Even more global Armitage rewatching is planned — Spooks and Robin Hood.
On the fanfic front:
- Trudy’s Tattle’s “In Consequence” (North & South) goes to chapter 13. Live for those kisses!
- C19Jane presents “Past and Present,” a modern North & South retelling.
- “The Saga of Vaenomar” goes to chapter 11. Thorin in danger!
- Saraleee posts an intriguing Thorin drabble.
- khandy’s “Birth of a Legend” (Thorin) goes to chapter 3. Also, win a free copy of Weathering the Storm, the final version of her Sparkhouse / Standring fic that started off as “In the Bleak Mid-winter,” at Fly High!
- A gorgeous post on dreaming of kisses.
- More non-Armitage Hobbit vlog screencaps at Heirs of Durin. And, for #vlog 7, here.
- Via The Queen, who’s still digging her farm out from under the storm debris and harvesting wheat besides, a neat Thorin-related charity challenge.
- ItsJSforMe completes a tricky Armitage craft project.
- Where have you glimpsed Richard Armitage? When I read that, I thought, it’s just like Marian apparitions. And then there was more evidence that confirmed my suspicions!
- I knew it. Guy IS jealous of Thorin.
- I’ve never liked the song, but the picspam, by beengizzied, is great!
- Guy writes to Marian. In French.
- Grati loves Harry!
- How do you recognize Richard Armitage when he’s AWOL? Hint: not by his nose.
OT, collateral attractions, and stuff that intersects with stuff I blog about / think about:
- What’s been up with mulubinba.
- Traxy writes about Brendan Coyle in a comedy series.
- apropos of what I’ve been saying about Thornton’s attitude toward principle in episode 4 of North & South: a neat post by a grad student I know about how depression knows it’s right.
- Dooce (Heather Armstrong) makes a typically ambivalent statement on the question of being able to read about yourself on twitter: “[a blogger I've never heard of says that] he’s noticed a strange, somewhat uncomfortable shift in how people interact with each other through this medium in particular. And then he articulated exactly what I’ve experienced and tried unsuccessfully to explain to people about twitter: it’s a very weird reality to live in when you can read what thousands of strangers are currently thinking about you, both good and bad. Weird mostly in the fact that people who are saying the bad things either don’t realize that, you know, HEY! I’m standing right here and I CAN HEAR YOU. Or they just don’t have the generosity to realize that they are talking about/to a human being, one whose creative success was probably made possible because she has mined her own insecurities, shortcomings, thin skin and pain. That’s just the reality that I now live in. I accept it, but that doesn’t make it any less strange and at times unpleasant.”
- Adam Lambert on his reaction to fanfic, which seems to be annoyance that realfic slash writers put him in relationships with people he wouldn’t choose for himself.
- A less enthusiastic reaction to Sherlock from an academic whose intellect and expertise I really respect.