Armitage Day is August 22: Reminders!
What an emotional day — my feelings have run the total gamut in every direction. I’m tired, and have more driving to do, but I’ve been thinking a lot about what I want to post once I get “home,” and I should be back at that soon. Since my next Legenda will come quite close to Armitage’s birthday, however, for tonight, here are reminders of what’s happening, especially for stuff that you’ll want to do before the birthday. I expect there’ll be a lot of interesting stuff to appear on Armitage Day itself, as well! No pressure. I haven’t even thought about what I’m doing yet.
Hands down, though, and I’m feeling especially mushy about this tonight, after ItsJSforMe’s story, reblogged below — is doing some good because Richard Armitage has done so much good for us fans. What a class act. My favorite suggestion of something to do for Armitage’s birthday? Send him a present via a donation at JustGiving! When I urge people to consider a gift to Armitage’s listed charities, I don’t want them to neglect the charities they already support. Still, it’s fairly personal for me. In fact, I’ve been a huge beneficiary of charity myself, so I spent all of last August blogging about charity, specifically urging people to donate to ChildLine, which is my favorite of his charity choices.
Additional ways to celebrate the big day!
- The birthday countdown giveaways at I Want to Be a Pinup! continue.
- Crispin’s Eclipse continues her pictorial / memorial countdown.
- spReAd the love is hoping to collect 100 contributions of a pint of blood or pound of food by fans of Richard Armitage before August 22nd. The latest update has donations at around 40. Not bad for the first concerted effort. There’s still time! Thanks to all who have donated!
- You can sign the RichardArmitageNet.com guestbook that passes birthday greetings on to Mr. Armitage here.
- Add to C19′s annual collection of birthday greetings here (you must be a C19 member to post).
- You can add to a similar list at Richard Armitage Central here (you must be a member to post).
- The Armitage Army collection of birthday greetings is here (you must be a member to post).
- Please add any other Armitage Day related activities in the comments so everyone knows about them!
And of course, my favorite group celebration, for the second time this year: King Richard Armitage Week 2012!
Six days, eight bloggers — prizes to win and a charity event that you can support simply by playing a trivia quiz about Richard III and Richard Armitage. Enter to win a chance to decide which of Armitage’s charities our combined donation will reach. All the details are here!