Legenda 50: Stuff worth reading
[Legenda offers a brief, non-inclusive index of stuff I noticed and enjoyed since the last episode. It doesn't usually include materials presented on the major fansites, which I love dearly, but which are linked in the sidebar. Because I always forget or just miss stuff, please add additional pieces of interest via link in the comments.]
This was neat:
(via RichardArmitageNet.com on FB):
Odd informational moment:
Today is the anniversary of the historical Servetus‘ being burned at the stake for heresy in Geneva. Make of this fact what you will.
Your homework this week:
Leave at least one comment on a blog post you like from this list!
#Heinzwatch on Twitter takes place tonight (Captain America: The First Avenger).
- Jas Rangoon’s first blogiversary! Give her some love for all those graphics and GIFs and fanfics … and just for being her.
- It’s also La Loba’s first blogiversary! Give her some love for all those stories and mythologies … and just for being her.
- Judiang is back and starting Christmas early. Please give her some encouragement.
- The smirk as an element integrated into Thorin’s gestural repertoire.
- Via TORn on FB: Richard Armitage’s stunt double for The Hobbit, Mana Hira-Davis.
- It seems an image of Richard Armitage as Thorin has been discovered in a medieval Arabic manuscript.
- The Thorin & Kili security service! Get yours now.
- AgzyM on Armitage, Armitage fans and the owl fashion trend for fall 2012. I like the knitted cap especially well.
- Little Guy and Thorin Friends Network (FB group which you must join to see posts): Little Thorin against the Legos and Little Thorin vs Jane Austen and Thorin gets ready to visit Disney and Thorin on Main Street.
- Where do you go when you need an Armitage lift?
- Will you have your picture taken with Gandalf?
- Great Brad Pitt / Thorin parody.
- More on the Denny’s Hobbit menu from TORn. Apparently you can only see some of the stuff if you have a smart phone. Guess that shuts us stupid phone users out.
Yeah, I know, don’t fall down. I actually watched a few this week. Here are two I liked.
- Via Princesa de Ithilien. I don’t like this song much but the editing is visually effective:
- From tassuett. I really like this song.
Also, Fedoralady seems to be moving her vids from one account to another and is reposting some of them on her blog this week.
I didn’t spend much time here this week, gang, sorry; I was really busy. Please leave links to good stuff in the comments, though!
- At Guy-lty Pleasure — an index of the *ooof* moments!
- “About Richard” series continues at mezzmerized (now tagged for easy access!) with some of the many compliments for Mr. Armitage we read this week.
- At La Loba, “Undisclosed Desires,” a Guy / Marian retelling with pictures.
- GB’s “One Last Try” goes to ch. 11. Beware of irresistible cuteness!
- Vaenomar is back in this (AU) Hobbit prequel! ch. 17. and ch. 18A.
- Lillianschild’s “A Voice in the Dark” (Lucas North / OC). A rewrite of series 7. Five chapters so far; starts here.
- Gratiana Lovelace starts a new Guy of Gisborne fic, “Sir Guy’s Dilemma.” (This is a sequel to “Guy’s Rose.” Read over there for any warnings / disclaimers.)
- At RAucous — “Hot August Night,” part 4. (RPF; explicit). Rich and Dree make it into the shower!
OT, collateral attractions, and things I think about:
- Didion’s comment on sexual attraction in “Notorious.” I admit that after hearing a piece on NPR recently about Alfred Hitchcock’s personal and professional harassment of Tippi Hedren, this was hard for me to read, but it’s a persuasive analysis.
- Going to college with Edgar Allan Poe.
- Just in case you were worried, how reading will prevent you from turning into a psychopath.
- On wanting Shakespeare plays to end differently.
- This “lightened” shepherd’s pie looks like the perfect imaginary meal for mom this week. Bookmarked for December. This is what I’d make for me, but my mom wouldn’t eat it, and where would I find paneer in Wisconsin, anyway? South Asians, you need to infiltrate the Badger State, darnitall.