Legenda 42: Stuff worth reading
[Legenda offers a brief, non-inclusive index of stuff I noticed and enjoyed since the last episode. It doesn't usually include materials presented on the major fansites, which I love dearly, but which are linked in the sidebar. Because I always forget or just miss stuff, please add additional pieces of interest via link in the comments.]
I’m still writing the post about the header change — at about 3,500 words. Geez. I even went out and bought a digital camera and took pictures for this post. If you knew my feelings about picture taking, you’d realize what a big deal this is for me. I apologize; the transition “back” has been rougher than anticipated. Lately it seems like everything I want to say is serious, and I fought a big episode of dysphoria this morning over it. Still not sure I won. Anyway, more very soon. I hope. Maybe I’ll split it up into pieces.
Signed the petition yet? Why not?
One last reminder from King Richard Armitage Week 2012: The quiz may still be answered until 0:01 a.m., London Time, Sunday, September 3rd. Winner drawn from all entries decides the donation of our charity money — and we have a championship to award! Stay tuned.
- Need inspiration? Check out BODYARMITAGE!
- Frenz interviews Todd Garner regarding Richard Armitage and Black Sky.
- Richard Armitage optical illusion.
- Jas’s 3-D character gallery.
- Who should attend the premiere of The Hobbit with Mr. Armitage? (OMG, not me).
- Hypothetical musing on meeting Armitage.
- Although she doesn’t say it, it was her blogiversary post — give Grati some love!
- Why Richard Armitage had to take the role of Alex Track.
- How meeting Richard Armitage caused her to transform every electronic surface she’s looking at.
- Reasons to love Lords of the North.
- It’s hard these days to decide which of GB’s cartoons I like better: all the chaRActers, or a campout, or Armitage babies. Or this one with the inflatable sheep. The comments on these posts just get more and more inventive. No make-believe inflatable water toys were harmed in the writing of this post …
- Why it’s fun to meet fellow fans.
- Second trailer for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey expected to appear in September.
- And release date for the third Hobbit movie, now titled The Hobbit: There and Back Again, is announced for July 18, 2014. I can’t resist saying that Armitage could have gotten his British BA in the amount of time spent on this project. I hope he feels — educated.
- GB’s “One Last Try,” chapter 3. Marian is desolate. Evidence that GB has the heart of a tale-teller, not only of artist. The language is simple but the events have a fairy tale feel.
- At Fly High!, an author interview / giveaway with Chrissie Elmore, author of a new North & South sequel. Enter till September 5th.
- Oh, to touch those lips!
- There’s a new, very explicit, unashamed Armitage RPF on tumblr starting here. Do not read this if you don’t like explicit writing about sex or RPF. Otherwise, enjoy — I did! This burst of RPF is making me really, really happy; if you want to understand why I feel this way, you can read what I said about fanfic and its meaning to me about a year ago here, a post that feels more pertinent to me than ever.
- The tumblr gang has been writing a fic called “Anon Prof. A.” for a while. Edgy. Be careful — warnings for explicit writing, RPF, and, well, potentially other stuff, too. Here’s an installment. The blog itself (home) has a bunch of explicit Armitage and Armitage-related fics.
- And this one about a late night episode popped up the other night and I felt so aligned to the things the author is expressing that I could have cried. Explicit and RPF.
OT, collateral attractions, and stuff I think about:
- Keith Allen to take drugs — on TV!
- A famous letter written by Stephen Fry to a fan, on dealing with depression.
- On the things you can take from a house, and the others that you have to leave there.
- On confronting your fears and moving forward. Cried when I read this.
- For Sherlock fans: Nerd graffitti at work.
- I’m no longer scouring the Internet for things to tempt my mother with each evening, but I’m stockpiling stuff for December. I don’t think she’d eat this, but I would. Now if only someone would make it for me!
- On friendship, and the circumstances under which it should end.
- Should professors be hot?